The Frog Lake Education Department is seeking one (2) individuals for Board Membership.
Responsibilities of the Board Member: include but are not limited to the following;
- It is the responsibility of the FLFNs Education Board Member to ensure that all its departments, employees and staff adhere to the FLFNs Education Policy and relative FLFNs policy.
- Maintain the FLFNs Education Policy and its organization; and when required, recommend any changes and additions to the FLFNs Chief and Council.
- Examine management proposals assertively, knowledgeably, and purposefully.
- Understand the balance between the Board’s role and that of management.
- Must conduct themselves in an honest manner and in good faith and in the best interests of the FLFN community.
- Sufficient time to devote to the Board’s operations.
- Put forward ideas while respecting the views of others.
- Knowledgeable in budgets is an asset.
- an individual who is the age of majority, and is a member of the Frog Lake First Nation # 121 and # 122.
- has a knowledge of the Spirit and intent of treaty 6; bylaws and pertinent policy; and
- an individual with knowledge or experience with FLFNs operations and in the field of education in general; and
- an individual with leadership, communication, planning and organizational skills.
The candidate cannot sit on more than one board to avoid possible conflict of interest situations and must not be an employee of education under any of the following departments: CNCS, Post-secondary, ASETS, and Daycare, Head start.
All applicants must include a Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Check.
All documentation must be submitted by 4:00 pm on October 15, 2021